We are looking for an addition to our Yard Team! This team is responsible for the flow of traffic while keeping safety a number on priority. This team is also responsible to break seals, release trucks, seal trucks, monitor temperatures and recording all information on inbound, outbound and dropped trailers. They also move trailers around to various locations using the yard truck. We are looking for full time or part time. What are you looking for?
This position is responsible for the flow of yard traffic while keeping safety a number on priority. This person will be responsible to break seals, back trailers into the door and pull trailers out of doors, release trucks, seal trailers, monitor temperatures and recording all information on, inbound, outbound and dropped trailers.
- Flexible hours, weekend hours may be required.
- Exposed to outdoor climate as well as refrigerated warehouse.
- Extended periods of time on feet moving around warehouse and grounds.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback..
- Independent thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a positive atmosphere within the team.
- Team oriented, cooperative and flexible.
- Strong individual initiative to achieve goals.
- Ability to operate yard truck and other yard equipment
- Results driven.
Job Duties / Tasks:
- Ensures all procedures are followed to meet safety standards.
- Helps maintain the integrity of the stored products in drop lot trailers ensuring compliance with customer and industry accepted specifications.
- Operates yard equipment
- Move drop trailers in and out of dock doors
- Make sure all trucks arriving and departing are sealed properly and required temperature settings are met.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment, including equipment used as well as the outside grounds.
- Assists in maintaining security of the warehouse.
- Promotes safety by enforcing safe practices and leading by example.
- Miscellaneous warehouse and facility duties.
- Conducts special projects as required by manager.
- Facility check completed on a daily basis.
- Responsible for pre and post trip equipment check for all security equipment.
- Ensure all paper work is completed correctly and turned in to the proper place.
- Drop lot inventory completed as required.
- Seasonal duties including shoveling snow and ice removal
Day shifts during the week, with rotating Saturdays